Cotton Candy Kisses

When first we met I thought I'd found you
A girl I'd only dreamed about
And when we kissed it was amazing
I was in love there was no doubt

I wanted so to make you happy

To make you feel like you were loved
And if I failed it's not for trying
For in my heart you were beloved

You'll never know how much I loved you

You'll never know now what could be
Clouded minds just can't see clearly
Confused by circumstantial need

But now until the end of time

When blonde has fully grayed
You'll know that one man loved you so
Whose memory just won't fade

Who thought your lips as sweet as wine

Your touch he daily missed
And took the time to dream about
Your cotton candy kiss

Now that we have finally parted

And your face no more I see
Won't you sometimes sit and wonder
Won't you sometimes think of me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES

Forgiveness