SECOND CHANCES

You're here a Little Early

He Said as I Stood Tall

What Brought you Here so Prematurely

Did you Take a Fall


I Knew not how to Answer Him

My Lip Began to Quiver

At Once I Felt so All Ashamed

My Knees Began to Shiver


He Rose up from his Mighty Throne

And Slowly Came to Me

Wrapped His Arms Around my Head

And Began to Comfort Me


I Expected You One Day my Son

That Day was Not Today

Now I Need you to Confess

Just How This Went Astray


Why Didn't you Just Trust in Me

To Take you Through the Trials

Then Took my Face into His Hands

No Point in Your Denial


I Clinched His Robe and Begged Him Please

I Need to Just Come In

But in My Holy Father's House

My Verdict Now was Sin


There was no Sacrifice to Cover

The Awful Thing I'd Done

His Holiness Withdrew from Me

So Now I Stood Alone


Desolation Came on Me

Like Water from a Wave

My Heart Sunk Deep into my Chest

Eternity the Grave


Now Just as I began to Leave

All Hope for Life in Heaven

Tears of Joy Filled Both my Eyes

My Alarm Clock Just Struck Seven


Woody Boswell

Copyright 2021




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness