Forgiveness

On bended knee I seek you
My father whom I trust
I feel your disappointment
My pain and shame too much

Too much for whom a voice replies
You forget now where you tread
When first you called upon my name
My hand was on your head

I cast your sins from east to west
I forgive you now my son
Your price was paid upon a cross
Your soul at stake was won

What's past is past I heard him speak
Now go and sin no more
Find a wife that loves me too
And watch my blessings pour

I'll teach her all about you
What comforts you in pain
And how you love to take a walk
In the summer evening rain

The man in you will quickly be
The sunshine in her life
She'll have your love the rest of days
And be your faithful wife

She'll have to learn how to forgive
For you're a complex man
But if she does her life will be
Amazing through my plan

So too it's you that now must learn
To trust me in the rain
For when you walk I walk with you
That's where I heal your pain

Let it all wash down your face
Like all the summer dust
The three of us will hand in hand
Begin to build our trust

Forgiveness is a gentle rain
A purifying snow
And where it's found blessings abound
And I am there you know



JW Boswell
Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES