Be Kind, Content, Grateful, and Devout

 

My inner peace comes from trusting God in all things and refusing to take them back from him. When I let something go, it's given to him, so that he may control the outcome. What better engineer to give a problem to than the creator of the universe. I create anxiety when I wrestle with God over the course He takes me down. I create anxiety for others when I worry over that which I have no control; thereby creating events and circumstances that God did not intend to be created as He works through my problem. I can prevent much by being peaceful, by being centered, by being kind, devout, and content. Mostly, all things will find their stasis when I am grateful.

 

I am grateful for my parents, who loved me each in their own ways; for my siblings who still love me, and whom I love dearly. I'm grateful for my home; for the dog that loves me even when I don't deserve it. I'm grateful for the career that I chose early on in life, which gave me such adventures most couldn't imagine. I'm grateful for the modest gift of music, that I might use that gift to find my peace, help others smile, and glorify my God. I'm grateful for a strong body and the miracle of healing that I've witnessed within myself in many ways. I'm grateful for the sun on my face, the bird's song, the rain, and the magic of this world I've only begun to see and understand.

 

 I close my eyes and lift my hands to heaven and surrender all. Who am I that I should argue with God over the path of my life. When I was baptized I made him the center of my life. There have been times when I thought I had lost my way. But God is like the North Star. He is constant. He never moves, and I can always find my way home in the darkness of the night when I know where he is. He is the beacon that takes me where I need to go, which is sometimes not where I want to go. I am listening. I am still. 

 

What are you grateful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES

Forgiveness