Bitter Tears

When first we met I lost my heart
To her while in that bar
A drink and dance what happiness
I thought I'd found my star

Then circumstance took us apart
And life got in our way
I always hoped to find again
That girl that wouldn't stay

Then once again I found her there
And once again found love
Two hearts as one under the sun
And blessed by God above

But bitter tears prevailed one night
The She Wolf came within
And left us both with broken hearts
With her tale of shame and sin

Now the last of this is not yet wrought
The tale of love unsure
For we do love each other still
Despite the saboteur

Her name will be upon my lips
Even with my dying breath
And I shall love her all my days
Until we part in death


J. W. Boswell
Copyright  2015





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES

Forgiveness