Psalms

When I write I'm right
Yet when it's read I'm wrong
Why am I so judged for
My feelings put in Psalm

When anger cries within
And I go to write a song
I write of hurt I'm feeling now
Memorialized in Psalm

Isn't that how every poet
Finds his own Shalom
Replacing feelings festered
With the beauty of a Psalm

What better way to face the day
When it's love that I so long
Than to take the time to let it go
And give it rest in Psalm

I understand I may be judged
For words taken wrong
For some have thus reflected
Their own deeds in my Psalm

So if they might have meaning
For you that is so strong
Reflect on this and make amends
A new verse for the Psalm

But these are all my own
Hopes and hurts and wrongs
I choose to hurt no one
But just pray to Him my Psalms

J.W. Boswell
Copyright 2015

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES

Forgiveness