Azure Eyes

I said a prayer for you today
and know God must have heard
For every thought and hope and dream
Was nestled in His word

I prayed that love would find you
And all your dreams come true
To see yourself as I see you
With Azure Eyes anew

For your children I prayed happiness
For your kittens I prayed too
They bring you so much joy in life
Known by so very few

But mostly I prayed for your heart
That God might soften you
The love you give could be immense
For the righteous man that's true

Guarded hearts love part-time
A guarded tongue's a jewel
Words can break a strong man's bones
Though never meant as cruel

So always speak with kindness
To someone whom you love
You'll get it back a thousand fold
With blessings from above

I told God that I loved you
I asked He keep you safe
He answered that He loves you more
And that's always been His place


Woody Boswell
Copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECOND CHANCES

Raptured